Oprah loves her and so do I….it’s a big episode for me this week :-)
I had the privilege and honour of interviewing Oprah’s favourite parenting teacher who she called ‘so profound her ideas might just change the world’. I have loved Dr Shefali Tsabary for years - in fact her book ‘The Conscious Parent’ was the first I read when I found out I was pregnant with Jessie and I’ve read it many times since.
Dr. Shefali Tsabary is the author of three best-selling parenting books, an international speaker and a clinical psychologist specialising in the integration of eastern philosophy and western psychology.
What we cover in this episode:
- What conscious parenting is (and isn’t)
- How to move from control to connection
- The difference between control and care
- What it means to ‘awaken’
- The pressure we put on ourselves and what to do about it
- How Dr Shefali came to this work
- What to do if you find yourself worrying about your children
- The one gift she would give all mothers
To find out more about Dr Shefali you can head over to her website here.