"Nothing I have ever done has been more difficult than being a good mother" Marianne Williamson
This episode is a huge one was me as I was privledged enough to interview one of my favourite teachers, Marianne Williamson.
Marianne is an internationally acclaimed spiritual author and lecturer. Seven of her twelve published books have been New York Times Best Sellers. Four of these have been #1. Her most famous book is called A Return to Love which is definitely on my must-read list for anyone interested in spirituality or personal development.
A paragraph from that book, beginning “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure…” has become an anthem for modern seekers, despite it often being mis-quoted as Nelson Mandela.
What we cover in the episode:
- Her biggest challenges with motherhood and her regrets
- The best parenting advice she ever received
- The importance of the first 5 years
- Intimacy issues and our children
- Feminism and it's role in parenting
- Meditation with our children
- The spiritual challenge of motherhood
- Her view on stay at home mums
- Parenting as a spiritual opportunity
I hope you enjoy the episode. Let me know what you think in the comments.